Sunday, March 20, 2011

Desert Island CD - What would I take?


So there's currently this blogathon going on at Anomalous Material where one picks twelve songs from the movies and takes them to a desert island where they will be unsuspectedly trapped until they...I don't know, chop off their arm and get free (just thinking in 127 Hours survival terms, here). So here is my list. Beware, it is quite fresh, as that's all I seem to be listening to these days.

'Don't You Forget About Me' - Simple Minds
The Breakfast Club


'Where is My Mind?' - The Pixies
Fight Club


'Black Sheep' - Metric
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World


'Time' - Hans Zimmer
Inception


'In the House, In a Heartbeat' - John Murphy
28 Days Later...


'Kanada's Death, part 2 (Adagio in D Minor) - John Murphy
Sunshine


'Baby You're A Rich Man' - The Beatles
The Social Network


'Little Green Bag' - The George Baker Selection
Reservoir Dogs


'In Motion' - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
The Social Network


'Lux Aeterna' - Clint Mansell
Requiem for a Dream


'I'm All Out of Love' - Air Supply
Animal Kingdom


'Sweet Disposition' - The Temper Trap
(500) Days of Summer

10 comments:

  1. Air Supply!?!? Nooooooo!

    Actually, the use of it in the movie is great, but I still can't stand behind including them.

    Love that song you chose from the 500 Days soundtrack. Soooo many good songs on that one - I chose one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice choices Stevee!

    very modern!

    I liked the Inception score quite a bit...
    and that Slow motion scene accompanied by Little Green Bag in Reservoir Dogs is classic, I wish I could have included it on my list.
    You should take a look at my list, it's very different from yours but you might find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Desert Island CD chief :)

    Seems like Where is My Mind and Don't You Forget About Me are two of the most popular tracks so far ah! (500) Days of Summer had a really good soundtrack and I almost felt compelled to add one of the songs on my CD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you added Inception onto your list!

    enjoyed the selection from Sunshine! Nice. Thanks for sharing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Metric is sooo cool. My friend just turned me on them and their whole album is great. I saw Scott Pilgrim, I don't remember it in there. great list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any inclusion of some good Canadian cats like Metric would make this mix a must-play on my island. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikhat - Gotta love that song!

    Fletch - Haha, I do like this song, but probably wouldn't have, had it not been used so well in Animal Kingdom. Plus, this song has been stuck in my head for the past couple of days.
    (500) Days of Summer has such an awesome soundtrack. I would have added 'Vagabond', 'Hero' and 'You Make My Dreams' if I had the chance!

    Jack - Thanks! Little Green Bag in Reservoir Dogs is classic. Mind you, I liked the song before I'd seen the movie.

    Castor - Thanks! I imagine they would be. As I said, (500) Days of Summer has such an awesome soundtrack it's impossible not to put a song off that on my list!

    scarletsp1der - That's alright. Inception had to be on here!

    Colleen - 'Black Sheep' was the song The Clash at Demonhead performed at their show. I must listen to some more Metric!

    Hatter - Woohoo! Go Metric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Where Is My Mind" and "Don't You Forget About Me" keep cropping up -- and with good reason. Nice choices.

    ReplyDelete

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails