Saturday, July 17, 2010

Black Dynamite

Date: 16/07/10. Eight hour day at work. That's all I have to say about that.

Is it just more, or do all the stupid ideas make it big in Hollywood? Blaxploitation films, though I have never seen one (I have seen examples in the documentary Not Quite Hollywood), are an interesting concept. I cannot fully explain why, but when somebody brings back a genre which hasn't been around in a while (in this case, Michael Jai White), people like it. People really liked Black Dynamite.
This is the story of 1970s African-American action legend Black Dynamite (Michael Jai White). The Man killed his brother, pumped heroin into local orphanages, and flooded the ghetto with adulterated malt liquor. Black Dynamite was the one hero willing to fight The Man all the way from the blood-soaked city streets to the hallowed halls of the Honky House...
Sounds pretty, um, weird, let's just say. I guess the enjoyment rate of this movie depends on what kind of person you are. If you liked Blaxploitation films then you will definitely love this. If you like spoof movies than you will probably like this, and I do have to admit that this is miles better than the likes of Disaster Movie or Epic Movie. If you like watching black guys kicking ass and getting the ladies then this is definitely for you. Unfortunately for me, I don't really like any of that.
This movie wasn't so bad, but it could have been better. I think it does Blaxploitation justice and introduces the genre to a younger demographic who will really get a kick out of this. But I found it a bit too silly and unbelievable.

I enjoyed parts of this movie, but it isn't really my type of thing.
6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails