Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind


'If ever a movie demanded your full attention...' was what the review read in the TV Guide. I couldn't agree more. Another film I was ashamed to say I had never watched...another film I wished that I had watched sooner. And, I guess, another film which I will be watching again. I really don't know how Charlie Kaufman could have dreamt this up.
Joel Barish (Jim Carrey) is having another depressing day, but he meets a fun-loving girl Clementine (Kate Winslet) on a train. He falls in love with her, but one day she disppears from his life. He finds out that she has had him erased from her memory. Angry, he decides to erase her from his memory too. But can he really forget about her?
Amazingly, this movie stays very realistic and you can actually relate to the people in it. If only Jim Carrey could make more movies like this, or maybe even resurrect his film career. But the real star of this show is probably Kate Winslet, who turns out her best performance in this movie. Who cares about The Reader? She was great in this movie, wacky hair colours and all.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is funny, heart-breaking and totally breathtaking. See it, you won't be disappointed.
10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails