Thursday, November 26, 2009

24th November 2009


The Hangover (2009) was a huge hit. When I first heard of it, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I mean, harsh film critics don't usually like R-rated comedies, but they really seemed to like this one. Soon enough I realized that I had to watch this, mainly because of my infatuation with Bradley Cooper. I think this guy is awesome, so good-looking and talented. So I finally got to watch it, after waiting weeks and weeks. Now I know what all the fuss is about. The Hangover was great! If I had a dollar for every time I laughed in this film, then I would probably have more money then I have now (I am not that rich, Christmas is coming). Seriously, this was the movie I have been waiting for. A comedy which is actually really funny, but had a great story that actually kept me on the edge on my seat. It stars relative unknowns, Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, and Justin Bartha, along with more famous Heather Graham, Ken Jeong and Mike Tyson. I think the cast was just perfect, and it's one of those rare casts that all churn out wonderful performances and keep us laughing. So, the movie follows a group of guys who go to Vegas, because one of them (Doug) is getting married. Doug (Bartha) goes on one of the wildest nights of his life with his best men: Phil Wenneck (Cooper), a married schoolteacher who likes to live life on the edge; Stu (Helms), a dentist who's got a very controlling girlfriend; and Alan (Galifianakis), Doug's fiancees brother, who is a little on the weird side. His best men wake up in the morning and realize that they have a tiger in their bathroom, a baby in the closet, and that they've lost Doug. Phil, Stu and Alan start to work to piece together what happened the night before, so they can find Doug. What they discover along the way shows that they knew how to have a really good time, until they had to get up and pick up the pieces. I hear this is so much better than Todd Philips' last film Old School, and I should say that he'd have to make a bloody good movie to top this one. It is hilarious, and really strives above expectations and fixes your attention from start to finish. I loved it. A lot.
10/10

2 comments:

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails